- The personal data we collectWe may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Basic profile information
- (Information you give us) This includes information you may give us when registering to the Service and may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and other registration information. Optionally you can provide us with data, such as but not limited to country, gender, year of birth, preferred language, and completed education.
- Information we collect automatically. We automatically collect the following information from your use of the Site:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from third parties. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information provider) and may receive information about you from them.
- Some basic user profile information you may give us when registering to the Service and services provided with it, such as username and optional personal profile picture, may be visible for and shared with other users of the Service. As part of our Service and services provided with it, you have the possibility to interact with other students, be aware not to disclose (sensitive) personal data and information to Third Parties.
- Some of personal data we collect may be classified as sensitive personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will treat sensitive personal data in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Why we collect personal data and what we do with it
- When you provide your personal data to us, the purpose for which you are providing that personal data will always be clear.
- In general, we will process your personal data:
- to carry out our obligations under our agreement with you, which for the avoidance of doubt, may include sharing your personal information with other users of the Service;
- to create and administer your account with us;
- to provide you with information about the Service;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service, when you choose to do so;
- internally, to inform decisions about our business operations and strategy; and
- to contact you from time to time to market any other services we provide and we think may be of interest to you.
- Who we share your personal data with
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we or you enter into with them, if a service or product you requested requires this, and only after you have given us explicit consent to do so;
- third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and
- third parties to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and any other agreements between us or to investigate potential breaches or protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- All personal data will be anonymised to remain confidential for disclosure and treated in accordance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and other legal and regulatory obligations.
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmitted data using the Service or the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- In case of a security breach regarding your stored personal data (when data we are responsible for is affected by a security-relevant incident which may affect confidentiality, availability and/or integrity) that results in a high risk for the data owner and if this risk cannot be countered with technical and organisational measures, we will inform you of the breach and follow our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
- External Processors:
- Your data might be transmitted to external vendors, acting as data processors under the definition of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 to process your data on our behalf. We will only transmit your data to data processors which store and process your data in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
- Data Retention:
- We store basic information required to enable your access to our Services and Products as long as your account is not locked or deleted. Technical information collected from us will be automatically deleted after 24 months if your account is active, or after 12 months if it is inactive. Whereas active is defined as at least one login in the last 12 months.
- Your Rights
- We will stop sending you marketing communications if you ask us to. Except for information which you have specifically requested from us, our marketing communications will also provide you with a means to opt out of such communication. In any event, if you wish to stop receiving some or all marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by changing your communication preferences. A link to change your communication preferences is included at the bottom of our marketing communication.
- The Site and the Service may contain links to other independent third-party websites (Third-Party Sites). Third-Party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third-Party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
- Access to information
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 gives you the right to access information collected about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You can request access to your data at any time (right to access) by: You will receive an answer to your Request within 30 days.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, please tell us so we can correct it as necessary.
- Data Erasure
Data Request Form
Please use our Data Request Form to initiate a Data Request (right to access)
Data Deletion Form
Please use our Data Deletion Request Form to initiate a Data Delete Request (right to erasure)